This ruffled skirt thing started because of my friend Amanda. She made several super cute ruffled skirts for her daughter. She used the tute over at Grand Revival Design.
So this afternoon Mollie and I picked out some fabrics from the stash. Initially Mollie wanted to use a red batik with some other fabric that it didn't coordinate with. I eventually convinced her of this other combination. The decorative bits on the white fabric were like that when I bought it. Please don't think I went sewing Euro ruffles and cut out flower shapes onto the fabric. I basically followed the tute. I added a tiny bit to the length and width of the bands because the author said the skirt fit her 5/6 year old which Mollie is, but Moo is taller than average. I used a rolled hem on the bottom of the ruffles. I couldn't help myself and topstitched the seams between the band and the ruffle layer. AND I used my ruffler foot to attach the ruffles to the bands. Because of this I didn't use the length calculations for the ruffle pieces. It's too hard to adjust the ruffler to gather a certain amount.
Here's Mollie modeling...
It's a great little skirt that takes very little time.