Mollie had a birthday party last weekend. We decided on a covered journal as the gift. Moo picked the design. I did the rest.
I think the embroidery design would have looked a bit better if I had threaded my bobbin correctly. With my machine, I have to thread the bobbin through a little finger to increase tension while I am doing embroidery. I had forgotten to do it! I took a photo of the back of the embroidery.
You can see there is lots of white, but really there should be more colour like down on the back of the name. I ran out of bobbin thread when I got to the name and that is when I discovered my mistake. The design took me an hour to stitch out, so I wasn't keen to do it over. I figured a 7 year old girl wasn't going to be that critical!
When I set up to do embroidery, I usually have several projects in mind because if I am going to set up to do it and drag out all of my supplies, I might as well do as much as I can. So I embroidered some more designs for journal covers. (all of these designs are by Luzia Pimpinella and are available at Huups.)