I saw this very cute nightdress pattern in Ottobre last year, 06/09 #38. I thought Moo could use a couple of new nightdresses for summer. I also saw this as an opportunity to use up some stash. The floral knit was purchased through a co-op and when it arrived here, I looked at it and thought, "what the!?!?!". The pink ballerina fairy knit is very sweet, but is too cutesy for everyday clothes for Miss Moo.
I'd had these nightdresses cut out for a few weeks, but other things got in the way and truth be told I was trying to work up the courage to use the binder attachment for my cover stitch machine. In the past I'd had mixed results with the binder. This time around I thought I would try two things that I learned at Bernina club when they demonstrated the binder for the sewing machines.
1. Don't try to sew too close to the edge. If you sew too close, then it has a tendency to sew off the edge. When I sew binding down on my sewing machine, I stitch quite close to the edge, so I had to change my usual habit.
2. Starch the binding strip.
And here's what I ended up with...
Success!!! Once I had the binder set, it all worked with no fuss!
The completed nightdresses