Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bring on Spring

I made this top for Moo the other day. It is from Ottobre 03/08, #12 "Strawberry Tunic". It's such a cute top and was a lot of fun to make. I bought the fabric at Spotlight off the clearance table. I'm pretty sure I only paid $3/m. Total bargain!

This top also had a first for me. It was the first time I used a twin needle. I used the twin needle on the bindings. The hem was done with the cover stitch machine though. I only have a Bernina/Bernette 009 Cover Stitch machine which does not have a binder attachment. I so lust after a Babylock coverstitch machine, but at AU$2000 that is NOT gonna happen any time soon! I used some Steam-A-Seam on my hem which works a treat when using the cover stitch.

Moo has been bugging me to wear the top since I've made it, but it's just been too cold! I am going to have a look through her drawer tomorrow to see if there is a long sleeve top that she can wear under it. She has a party tomorrow and has asked to wear it there.

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

love the top, you know I am sure I have a twin needle, just have no idea how to use it...........I haven't sewn in ages

Gill in Canada

Jetta's Nest said...

Hi Sara. I hope you don't mind, but I've tagged you for the 'Tree of Happiness' Award!!

Katie said...

love the top! Very fresh and cute.n Sewn to perfection too. I want one for myself lol

monART said...

Love it! Why oh why don't we have a spotlight here??