In the midst of my hectic week I managed to make this skirt for Mollie. I wanted a project that was more than some simple little thing. Something that would occupy me for a few nights and when I was finished, I would feel a sense of accomplishment.
It took me a while to pick fabrics. A few of these fabrics I've had in my stash for a while, but couldn't cut into them. I decided this was the project to take the cutter to the fabric.
I also used my ruffler foot to gather all the bits that had to be gathered. I decided that if I had to rip out some thread, it was still quicker to do that and re-adjust the ruffler foot than to use the traditional gathering method. Plus the gathers with the ruffler foot are more even. I figured that on a skirt this full if something wasn't quite right, you'd never notice. Overall it was quite smooth-going with the ruffler.
I think I'd like a skirt like this for myself. Only problem is that I don't think it would be very flattering. Perhaps if I have some time, a similar skirt could be made with an assortment of dyed fabric. Thinking....hmmmmmm, will have to get the ideas notebook out now!