I had this gorgeous fabric in my stash for a while and have been contemplating what to do with it....
The star pattern on the fabric inspired me to make a Farbenmix Anna dress.
The front of the dress is fully lined with the batik. I then sewed stars onto the fabric and cut the denim layer off, essentially doing reverse appliques.
I then dug into my ric rac to select some colours for the back of the dress. At this point I'd like to share a tip with you. Don't just shove 75 metres of ric rac into a drawer along with your other bits of trim. It makes a horrid mess which took me over 2 hours to sort out! OUCH! Hmmmm, maybe that is what made my shoulder sore, not the cutting out of 3 Quiara shirts.
Speaking of the Quiara shirts they are part of my next dyeing adventure. I have some ideas in my head that I hope I am going to be able to execute. Stay tuned for those.
I've been on a sewing roll...I made Moo a pair of pants from Ottobre 01/08, the "Jump" sweatpants. I made them from this super soft pink velour. The only problem was that I didn't take into account the fact that the pattern calls for ribbing for the waistband. I tried using the velour for the waistband forgetting that it has nowhere near the stretch as ribbing. In the end I just cut the waistband larger. I love the look of these pants.
I ended up making these pants again in white velour with a ribbing waistband. I am going to dye them and a velour Quiara to go together.