Sunday, January 16, 2011

Auction #1 Sewing Clothes Kids Love

A brand new copy of Sewing Clothes Kids Love by Nancy Langdon and Sabine Pollehn



sckl1sckl3
sckl5

Here's a description of the book:
This is a book of colorful and imaginative children’s clothes to sew, designed with kids in mind. The authors are designers and owners of two popular pattern companies for kid’s clothes—Farbenmix and Studio Tantrum, known in the sewing community for their creativity, versatility, and fit. This collection of exclusive patterns, included with the book, offers step-by-step instruction for making boys’ and girls’ clothing with a variety of fabric styles and decorative embellishment—including embroidery, patchwork, and trims. The patterns for pants, tops, skirts, and dresses include variations for long and short hemlines and sleeves, various necklines, and adjustable lengths. The patterns are sized from 18 months to kid’s size 12.

If you are a reader of my blog, you know that I adore almost everything Farbenmix and Studio Tantrum.  This book has some really fantastic patterns that can be sewn up into something simple or can be embellished to make something special.  I will say that it is really suited more to those who sew for girls as the boy patterns are light on.   I wish I could say it was a signed copy (it's not), but I can say it was touched by Nancy because she sent it to me.

In addition to the book I have embroidered some patches to get you on your way with with some fun Euro styling!   Nic of Luzia Pimpinella has given me permission to stitch out these patches as part of this auction.   (terms of use for these embroideries does not allow me to make patches to sell, so you will not see me selling these in the future.  I can only use the embroidery designs on finished garments.)  As far as I know Zaubermasche is the only place you can purchase Nic's designs stitched out as patches. 


patches

And I've thrown in 3 metres of coordinating ribbon (3 x 1m cuts).
Patches only need to be fused and sewn onto whatever you desire, tops, skirts, bags, etc! 

I'd put the over all value of these items book, ribbons and patches around AU$95 (based on the price of the book from the annoying Fishpond site, price of the ribbons per metre from Crafty Mamas and the cost of similar patches from Zaubermasche).



Details
1.  Bidding will start at $25 (Australian).
2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  
3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4.  This auction is open to everyone, however $30 will be charged for International addresses.  Postage is FREE for Australian residents.
5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at 9pm AEST on Monday 24th January 2011.
6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post the book to you.
7.  Thank you for participating and happy bidding!

12 comments:

MargoP said...

kicking it of at $40...

donna said...

I know you said $1 increments, but I will go up to $45.

Tarnyia said...

I bid $48

myWIPismyfabricstash said...

$60 from me. thanks

Christie said...

$70 stiejones at mchsi dot com

Jan said...

Looks like a nice book!
$85

Jan said...

I'm not sure how you contact the winners in this auction. Can you just leave an e-mail addy for the winner to contact you?

willow and moo said...

Jan, I have an email address attached to my blogger profile, so if you go into my profile, you will see an email me link under "Contact" in the left column. :)

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn said...

A nice book indeed. Those are cute patches!
American Flag Patches

AAREN1975c said...

I like those patches!!!

Unknown said...

Great Look....


Lollipop Moon