Here's a description of the book:
This is a book of colorful and imaginative children’s clothes to sew, designed with kids in mind. The authors are designers and owners of two popular pattern companies for kid’s clothes—Farbenmix and Studio Tantrum, known in the sewing community for their creativity, versatility, and fit. This collection of exclusive patterns, included with the book, offers step-by-step instruction for making boys’ and girls’ clothing with a variety of fabric styles and decorative embellishment—including embroidery, patchwork, and trims. The patterns for pants, tops, skirts, and dresses include variations for long and short hemlines and sleeves, various necklines, and adjustable lengths. The patterns are sized from 18 months to kid’s size 12.
If you are a reader of my blog, you know that I adore almost everything Farbenmix and Studio Tantrum. This book has some really fantastic patterns that can be sewn up into something simple or can be embellished to make something special. I will say that it is really suited more to those who sew for girls as the boy patterns are light on. I wish I could say it was a signed copy (it's not), but I can say it was touched by Nancy because she sent it to me.
And I've thrown in 3 metres of coordinating ribbon (3 x 1m cuts).
Patches only need to be fused and sewn onto whatever you desire, tops, skirts, bags, etc!
I'd put the over all value of these items book, ribbons and patches around AU$95 (based on the price of the book from the annoying Fishpond site, price of the ribbons per metre from Crafty Mamas and the cost of similar patches from Zaubermasche).
1. Bidding will start at $25 (Australian).
2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4. This auction is open to everyone, however $30 will be charged for International addresses. Postage is FREE for Australian residents.
5. The auction begins NOW and will END at 9pm AEST on Monday 24th January 2011.
6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post the book to you.
7. Thank you for participating and happy bidding!