Saturday, May 21, 2011

Winter woolies

This all started because I bought Will a couple of merino tops from Eureka a couple of years ago, and he's outgrown them. One top was a ribbed merino knit and the other was ahoodie.

The top on the left is the new one and the one on the right is Will's old one. Excuse the look of the top. It had been worn two days in a row which is always a good sign here!
merino hoodies

I used the Sewing Clothes Kids Love Imke pattern. I used my overlocker for all of the seams and my coverstitch for all of the hems. With the hood I turned the hem back 2cm instead of folding it over twice as per the pattern instructions.

Here's Miss Moo modeling her top. Yet again this is after she'd worn the top the day before.
moo merino2

If the top seems a bit roomy on her, this is intentional. I sized up for both of the kids to get as much wear as possible.

Now I'm thinking I want something for me out of merino jersey.

4 comments:

Kate said...

They look brilliant! Perfect kid wardrobe staples. I think it's time I pull that book off the shelf again.

Anonymous said...

They're great, I love the variations that can be made with Imke. Just wondering, is there a difference between Imke in SCKL and the orginal Farbenmix pattern? I'm sure I've seen you saying you use both and I'm curious! :-)

Unknown said...

they look much more professional than the RTW. I am a little jealous of your cooler weather!

Christie said...

These look great, like Kate said, a perfect wardrobe staple.