Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

This morning I rolled out of bed and popped cinnamon rolls into the oven. I had prepared them the night before. Col made coffee, and we lounged around in the morning.

Then I reminded the family about my present. Yes, I buy my presents. I bought the glass bowl for my mixer. Never mind that I own 3 stainless bowls for my Kitchen Aid, one of which is engraved with my name (thanks Mom!).
new mixer bowl


This afternoon we did some gardening. I pruned my lemon, we weeded underneath the lemon and lime trees. I fed the trees and then we put down mulch.
citrus trees


We then planted some herbs in the planters out front and hacked back the umbrella plant.

BEFORE
garden gnome

AFTER
hacking the umbrella plant


Thyme and Rosemary
herbs2


Parsley, Coriander and Chives
herbs1


And while I was out front, I snapped a photo of our solar panels. Cool, eh?
solar panels


I made dinner too. I'd prefer to eat at home where we can be relaxed. I cooked a yummy Gundooee rib cutlet which we ate with truffled mash, roast beetroot and pumpkin, and of course, a nice red wine, Tamburlaine 2003 Syrah to be exact.

7 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

Sounds like a terrific day, glad it was restful and peaceful.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Happy Mother's Day, love that bowl, we buy our KitchenAid appliances gifts all the time!! The mixer, toaster & food processor all worked hard today. Love Posie

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day Sara. Loved the pics of your garden and very envious of all the green. Sounds like you had a nice day.

Tas said...

Sounds lovely...except for the gardening bit. Not my choice of fun on Mother's Day lol.

Tracy said...

Happy Mother's Day :)

Anonymous said...

What a great day! I HAVE to get one of those bowls!! Where did you get it from ??

Cass said...

Love the solar panels who did you get them through. We really need to get some