Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Creating Chaos

I'm around.  I was taking a little break after posting every day for a month.  I've been sewing madly to finish up some orders for Christmas plus a few extras.  I didn't take any photos as I've just made some things that I've made before like rainbow redondo skirts, pieced rainbow tops and dress and some rainbow Paula pants.

Last week in my infinite wisdom I decided to make some embroidered tops.  Why?  Because I thought I might mooch onto the playgroup stall at the Lorien Markets.  I'm still not sure that I am going to do it.  If I don't, I am going to show my Etsy shop some love as it's been severely neglected.

When I do machine embroidery,

embroidery aftermath
everything just explodes.  I pull out my boxes of thread, rolls of stabiliser, felt, fabrics for applique (which I have to put away now!) and then there were the shirt pieces on the table.  I normally don't have both sides of the cutting table up, but somehow I managed to cover the whole surface.

So two days of machine embroidery, and now I have to sew the shirts. 

7 comments:

Tas said...

Well, there are a couple of shelves on the bookshelf that are still quite neat lol ;) Look forward to seeing the results of days spent slaving over your embroidery machine. Might fire me up...

Lola Nova said...

Hey, your work room looks a lot like mine right now! I'm working on a few projects simultaneously and it looks like a hurricane hit. Trying to get some things in the shop for holidays and I'm cutting it pretty close. So, of course there is no time for clean up right?
Looking forward to seeing the actual embroidery!

Di Nosaur said...

ahhh I wish I had that much room to mess up!
I have just taken half the lounge room, making our "new" loungeroom absolutely tiny, but I will call it cute and cosy :P

willow and moo said...

Tas, come on...do some embroidery!

Nikki, I used to take over half of our old living room, so I can totally understand!

Taiche said...

oh Sara, I have missed looking at your creative wonderfulness...I need to get back on the blog train!

willow and moo said...

Taiche!!! You roller derby mama!!! I was just thinking about you the other day. I keep thinking Will is getting so big and Quinn must be too. Will he still model girls' clothes? LOL

Taiche said...

hahaha no not a chance..and he is getting big..too quick if you ask me!