Tops awaiting embroidery. Pattern is yet again Farbenmix Hilde. I really like the look of Hilde for boys. The fabrics are all Stella knit.
Most of the topstitching is the honeycomb stitch on my sewing machine. I tried used my cover stitch on one of the tops, but I just couldn't get it stitching nicely. It does fine on the hems. It's the topstitching along overlocked seams with three layers where I am having a problem.
And yes, there is a plan. I had it all written down in my notebook before I started cutting. Each colour combination is destined for a different embroidery. I've left the side seams unfinished because it's a lot easier to embroider a top when you don't have to worry about bits sneaking under the embroidery machine and getting stitched together.