I had cut a size 122/128 thinking that a 134/140 would be too long for Miss Moo. I also shortcut the process by not prewashing the fabric. I think during the dyeing and washing out process that the pieces shrunk. I didn't expect them to shrink much because it's poplin, but when you are sewing multiple pieces shrinkage of a few mm's can add up quickly. My cutting and sewing are usually fairly accurate. So now I have a pair of pants that do not fit Moo. They won't go over her bottom which is why they are unhemmed and have no waistband. I am not going to finish them right now. I have a stack of other things that need to be sewn.
If I do these again, I also need to clearly label which piece is which because I am not sure if I mixed up the back middle and front middle pieces. They are dyed the same colours. And I need to be more mindful about making sure the purple and blue pieces are dyed so they match when sewn together.
Mollie says she wants a pair, but maybe I'll just give her the pair of rainbow Paula pants that I am sewing in her size.